Which DUTCH TV programs should you watch when you learn Dutch, and you want to practise listening to the Dutch language?
That depends mostly on your level of Dutch, but let’s assume you can understand these ‘Heb je zin?’ lessons without subtitles?
Then I can recommend 3 programs:
1. Het Jeugdjournaal – the Children’s news; very helpful to see the news of the day in simple language; the images will match with the text; and it’s one topic after the other, so if you get lost… next minute there is a new chance with a new topic
2. Het Klokhuis – very helpful to learn vocabulary in a context; it’s a children’s program and every episode deals with 1 topic.
3. Goede Tijden, Slechte Tijden (GTST) – if you like soap operas like ‘Heb je zin?’ then this is the one and only real Dutch soap opera.
If you’re level of Dutch is advanced, watch:
– Zondag met Lubach
– De Wereld Draait Door! (dwdd)
Both programs are very popular, but a bit hard for beginners.
In this episode we practise the grammer from #dutchgrammar-2 lessons 2 and 3 about possession.
Heb je zin? – 2, episode 39 – soap opera for Dutch learners by Bart de Pau. Episode: Xing wants to practise her Dutch and asks Martin which Dutch TV program he can recommend.
Dutch grammar rules applied on the CEFR level A2/B1. Related grammar lesson: #dutchgrammar-2 lessons 2 and 3
Combine your knowledge of Dutch vocabulary and Dutch grammar: Practise Dutch sentences (Nederlandse zinnen) and Dutch pronunciation (Nederlandse uitspraak).
This lesson uses the grammar of #dutchgrammar-2 lessons 2 and 3.
This is Dutch lesson 38 of the second season of video series ‘Heb je zin?’ – a soap opera for learning Dutch, applying Dutch grammar: sentences in Dutch that you use in daily conversations.
Dutch tutor ‘online docent NT2’ Bart de Pau shows you an animated video in simple Dutch. The video has subtitles in 2 languages: in Dutch and in English. That way you can practise what you’ve learned already on learndutch.org: combining the most common words with the basic Dutch grammar. On learndutch.org you’ll find the transcript and translation of the videos, as well as a version without subtitles (to practise your listening skills).
For free weekly Dutch lessons (sent by e-mail), you sign up here:
Leer Nederlandse zinnen met online docent NT2 Bart de Pau!
Met de Nederlandse lessen in de serie ‘Heb je zin?’ combineren we de basis woordenkennis Nederlands met de kennis van de basisgrammatica. In de NT2 video zie je een eenvoudig verhaaltje in het Nederlands, met ondertiteling in het Engels en het Nederlands.
Bart de Pau is an online Dutch Tutor at learndutch.org and founder of:
– the BLC Dutch Summer School, https://dutchsummerschool.nl
– the BLC Dutch Winter School, https://dutchwinterschool.nl
To create sentences in Dutch you need to understand the grammar theory – online course #dutchgrammar can be recommended:
for beginners: https://www.learndutch.org/dutch-grammar/
for the elemenatary level: https://www.learndutch.org/dutch-grammar-2/
for the intermediate level: https://www.learndutch.org/dutch-grammar-3/